Tuesday, May 2, 2023

Momento


My Memory:
I went to my fourth Motionless In White concert which is my favorite band. I have an obsession with the lead guitarist. I always stand on his side, at every concert, this time it seemed to pay off. Toward the end of the third to last song he ended up throwing me his guitar pick. It landed in my eye and fell to the ground luckily I was able to find it. It has since then meant so much to me. 

For Scale:



Finished Product:



"Olson"
2” by 3”
Clay, Black and White Paint


Inspiration:

Portable Sundail




Anthony Roussel





Jenny Gilbert



http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-make-Cold-Porcelain-Clay-air-dry-modelling/ 



Artist Statement:

This sculpture reflects when I was thrown and caught a guitar pick at a Motionless In White concert. The fourth concert I went to of the band I stood very close and my favorite guitarist threw me one of his special guitar picks. The color does not affect the memory itself because this is a happy memory but if the pick was colored with any other color it would not be an accurate representation of the object that this memory is associate with. The clay was the only object that I thought would help be curate the object in all of its glory. The pattern is very important as it is the signature pattern of the guitarist in question. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Experimental Sculpture

 Repetition Sculpture:  "She Bleeds In Spirals" 16x6 Wood, Wire, Yarn/String, Paint Negative Space Sculpture: "Trapped" ...